Monday, March 26, 2012

A selfish wish

I am selfish. A very bad case, if I can say so myself.

I wish they won't go. I wish they would stay. Until I can also come as well.

I wish my work would let me off early. Easily. Quickly. So I can flutter my wings away.

I wish they'd just move the date, move the month, for a second time.

Then again, times like these don't always come. When time is free and spirit is wild.

Ah, conscience you come too soon, I'm not yet done.

Because albeit you wouldn't let these words escape me, they're the exact words my heart hums.

Wait for me. Please, wait for me.

Thus, the selfish wish escapes. My conscience hoping these arrows would be a miss.

For it knows well how others must have waited for a long time.

For that moment, when planets align. And the clock hand strikes nine.

Oh, the sun and the sea, the flocking of birds and nestling on the tree.

The hushing of rain, parting ways for that glorious day that we hoped would come.

Joining hands after a long time of separation. Giggling over some stupid fashion.

Alas, what have I become, an unmovable mountain of schedule.

Nothing else, nothing but a slave, a mule.

How I wish I'd see myself with them. Wishing hard, wishing strongly for sure.

That by the time the pictures are developed, I'd see myself grinning with the same allure.

However, by this time, at the strike of five in the morn,

I'd have to re-adjust myself, shake to reality, back to the normal life.

Have to satisfy myself for what is and not what ifs.

I am selfish. A very bad case, if I can say so myself.

I turn green. I turn purple. I turn blue.

But I really don't want your color to fade or gray away.

I know I'm selfish but so are you.

So go on, go now, don't look back. Retain composure.

Because I'll surely be hopping by, just right beside you.

Aha. A very selfish wish it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment